Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Phantom Limb

So my desktop is down. My reliable, dependable workhorse is flickering and freezing up at the startup screen. I find myself constantly looking at the empty screen and I've caught myself sitting down at my desk chair to check email more than once. There is a gaping hole in my rolltop desk where the machine used to be... there are wires trailing like nerve ends and a stray back-up drive like some sad leftover internal organ. The whole thing is rather depressing and pathetic.

The limb is gone, the doctor has said so, but I still feel the itch. It will probably be repaired, I made an appointment for someone to look at it, but in the meantime something feels not quite right. Even though I have a laptop and that miracle gadget of the ADHD set, an iPhone, something is still missing.

I pray to the merciful gods of prosthetics that we can rebuild it... stronger... faster... better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home